Senior UI/UX Engineer
Fulfil’s product team develops the next-generation technologies that change how millions of customer orders are fulfilled by merchants. As a UI/|UX engineer, you will ship high-fidelity designs of new features and prototype solutions. You will have incredible ownership in creating an elegant end user experience for merchants across every aspect of the product, while collaborating with a multidisciplinary team of engineers, technical product managers, customer success managers and marketers. You’ll play a critical role in shaping our product—from influencing the roadmap, doing in-depth user research, and weighing technical constraints and tradeoffs. You will work directly with the head of product and management team in delivering a product experience that creates moments of delight for our merchants, and growth for the company.
What You’ll Do:
- Understand various types of users across our platform and representing our merchants in product strategy and roadmap discussions
- Create unified, end-to-end experiences through close collaboration with team members from customer success, across product and engineering teams
- Identify the best UX methods and tools to use depending on project constraints, and own every aspect of the product's design, from solving the core user challenge to shipping a well-tested and pixel-perfect UI
- Work on creating and contributing to a design system of patterns in an effort to cultivate a cohesive look, feel, and user experience across the entire Fulfil platform
- Manage every aspect of the design process for products, features, and functionalities in collaboration with our Product and Engineering teams
- Create sketches, detailed wireframes, user flows, and high fidelity mockups and effectively communicate them clearly to relevant teams
- Prototype user experiences and run usability tests to turn concepts into intuitive and elegant interfaces
- Enhance and apply our established visual language to new features and functionalities of existing products
- Quickly iterate and develop alternative designs based on feedback from peers or learnings found in user testing, within support channels, etc.
We’re Looking for Someone With:
- 5+ Years of UI/UX experience, working closely with Product and Engineering teams to develop and ship great end user experiences
- An outstanding portfolio, with presentable case studies showcasing a foundation in typography, interaction and visual design, and idea generation
- Experience collaborating with a diverse team in a rapid growth environment. Huge plus if you’ve worked with remote teammates and understand the communication patterns of working with highly distributed teams (you’ll be working closely with our team in Toronto, Canada!)
- A learning and growth mindset: We’re an early-stage startup, and we’re growing quickly. Our team size and our design process will evolve and change many times over the next few years. We strive to continuously improve, iterate, and integrate what we learn — from our work and with each other
- Experience with prototyping as a means to explore and convey design solutions.
- Empathy and resilience: empathy for our customers, to build a product and a service they’ll love. Empathy for our coworkers, to build a workplace we’ll love. Resilience to be able to take feedback from anywhere, consider it gracefully, and fold it into your thinking and your work
- Excellent written, verbal, and storytelling skills.
Nice to Haves:
- Prior experience at a growth stage Internet/Software company
- Experience working with Shopify’s Polaris Design framework
- Experience in design related to B2B products e.g. Ecommerce or ERP
- Design experience across a variety of platforms (desktop, tablet, iOS, Android, etc.).
- Experience developing or contributing to an actively evolving design system
- Background in engineering or another technical field
- Expertise in our tools: Sketch, Zeplin, Invision, Jira
Fulfil.io helps high growth, high volume merchants simplify operations and scale for growth. With the rise in omnichannel commerce, Fulfil was founded with the simple idea that merchant operations need to be simplified in order to deliver amazing retail experiences. Fulfil enables businesses to turn their back office operations into an accelerator for growth by integrating order management, inventory management, warehouse management, vendor/supplier management, wholesale, manufacturing, financials and customer service, into one seamless solution. We believe merchants should love their operations platform, and we work hard to make that happen every single day. Fulfil.io is a trusted solution for brands like EndySleep, Mejuri, Lie-Nielson Toolworks, and many more.
Fulfil.io is a venture backed technology company with offices in San Francisco, Toronto, and Bangalore. The team is made up of people who want to feel challenged at work, be the best at their craft and learn from one another. We come from different backgrounds and experiences, all passionate about the work we do, the team we do it with, and the customers we do it for. Join us in our journey to simplify operations and empower merchants around the world!